The Program provides scholarships to successful applicants of up to $5,000 a year. Scholarship recipients can undertake VET courses in one of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment. The scholarships target occupations identified in projected growth industries and in-demand occupations within each region.
Scholarship recipients will complete a VET course and a 20-business day paid internship. Scholars will receive $3000 for the paid internship work and host employers will receive $500 per intern.
The Program will be delivered in 10 regional areas by Busy at Work in the following locations:
- New South Wales: Grafton and Gosford
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- Queensland: Maryborough and Townsville
- South Australia: Port Pirie
- Tasmania: Burnie
- Victoria: Shepparton, and
- Western Australia: Wanneroo and Armadale
Scholarships applications are now open for applicants who are:
- Aged 15 to 24 years or recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (no age restriction)
- not in full-time work at the time of applying
- living in one of the 10 nominated regional areas, and
- applied for an eligible VET qualification at the Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level, which leads to an eligible occupation.
Priority is given to individuals who have recently exited from the Australian Defence Force (ADF), and young people who are Indigenous, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
More information about the Program, including eligible occupations and how to apply for a scholarship, can be found on the Busy at Work website.