Young people will be directly connected to employers with significant workforce demand and in growing industries. The Industry Pilots responds to calls from industry for greater input in selecting, training, matching and supporting young job seekers into work.
Nine organisations including Employers, Group Training Organisations, industry peak bodies and other employer representatives will deliver the Industry Pilots in both regional and metropolitan areas around Australia. Selected industries include aged, disability and community care; accommodation, food services and tourism; business; engineering and electro technology; retail; transport and logistics; ICT; and agribusiness.
The Youth Jobs PaTH Industry Pilots 2020–2021 will:
- test if and how industry-led approaches can increase employer take up and more effective use of employment services, particularly the Australian Government’s Youth Jobs PaTH program
- align pre-employment pathways with the needs of employers with significant workforce demand, and in growing industries
- inform the development of future employment services, including the design of future pre-employment and work experience programs.
- Industry Pilots will commence January 2020 – 30 June 2021.
- Young job seekers from jobactive, Transition to Work, NEST regions and Disability Employment Services are eligible to participate in the Industry Pilots.
- $10 million was available for up to 10 Industry Pilots
|Toowoomba Regional Group Apprenticeship Company Pty Limited||Food services, agribusiness, supply chain||South West Queensland - Lockyer Valley, Toowoomba and Darling Downs region, south to Goondiwindi and east to Dalby-Roma||Name: Kris McCue
Phone: 0400 392 009
|MAS National Limited||Disability services||South Australia - Adelaide North Tasmania – Hobart Queensland - Gold Coast and Rockhampton||Name: John Glass
Phone: 0488 302 385
Name: Marisa Kemp
Phone: 0459 865 746
|MEGT (Australia) Ltd||ICT||National - Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane||Name: George Bourozikas
Phone: 0408 119 427
|Steps Group Australia Limited||Aged care, disability services||Queensland - Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Sunshine Coast Council and Noosa Council||Name: Joel Stevens
Phone: 07 5458 3070
|TCE Services Pty Ltd||Transport and Logistics||Western Australia - North Metro, South Metro, Midlands Wheatbelt, southern WA||Name: Jonathan Huston
Phone: 08 9225 5122
|Hunter Valley Training Company Pty Ltd||Business services, community services, engineering, electro-technology||New South Wales – Hunter Valley and Central Coast||Name: Libby Ford
Phone: 0448 239 936
|Accommodation Association Of Australia Inc||Accommodation, food services, tourism||National - all state and territory capital cities||Name: Troy Schufft
Phone: 0429 045 863
|Bridging the Gap Inc||Aged care and disability services||Western Australia - Perth South||Penny Crittall
Phone: 0476 803 960
|Skill360 Australia Limited||Retail, accommodation and food services, administration, support services||Queensland - Cairns and Townsville||Name: Lynda Verevis
Phone: 0409 878 452
Read the Minister's release